Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Ice at the Gaylord!

On New Years Eve, Carter and I had the opportunity to go to the Gaylord Texan to see the Ice exhibit with my father and mother in law and Steve's brother Kevin and his daughter Emma. It was -5 degrees inside the exhibit (yes that is fahrenheit!) so they give you these huge parkas to wear while you are inside. Every year they do a new theme and this year was the Grinch.




This was the entrance with the Grinch himself sitting on the ice!


Carter and I in front of the Grinch.


Emma (3), Kevin, Grandma and Carter in front of the Welcome to Whoville sign. They had a huge ice slide in the next section, but unfortunately do not have pictures of it. Kevin and I were too concerned with whether or not Emma and Carter were going to go down the slide (they ended up not going down!) that we forgot to take pictures.


Carter in front of a Who resident at the feast table.




The Whoville feast table.


Carter and I in front of the roast beast.



Grandma in front of the Grinch's dog.




Merry Christmas! Carter looks a little bit cold.



Emma and Carter, once we got warmed up outside of the exhibit.




Emma and Carter on the train.



Emma and Carter in front of the Gingerbread house inside the hotel.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a homeschooling mom to four. I just had a VBAC after 3 c-sections this year after I was told I no longer had the choice by my first Doctor. I am a childbirth instructor for Birth Boot Camp. My first class starts January of 2013!